Pages

Search this blog

April 12, 2011

Try this; it's disgusting

I ride the bus to Charolles a few times a week to traîne with my main meuf Missy, and I often end up chatting with a philosphy professor from my lycée for the first part of the journey. This afternoon, after picking up a conversation we had started last week (yes, I still like grenouilles; no, I still have no interest  in trying boudin noir; eh, escargots are pas mal), he invited me to break off a small piece of a square of the hard black candy he had in his bag.

He told me it was mint- and  réglisse-flavored. He tried to explain to me what réglisse was, but I ended up with the impression that it's a cigarette-shaped plant that he thinks Americans eat in sandwiches. No matter; I would just have to try it.

Imagine licking the elbow of an infirm old man who goes nuts with his mint-scented arthritis cream.

After he saw my grimace he offered me a tissue so I could spit it out. "Yeah, I don't like it either," he said.

3 comments:

  1. I kid you not, I laughed so hard at this punch line that I threw my head back and ended up staring at the ceiling through teary eyes. That was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i love reglisse! there is a tea i always buy in france: menthe-reglisse. as a kid we used to chew the "reglisse-sticks" :-) yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this prof trying to get rid of the candy he doesn't like, or is he just a glutton for misery, carrying it around with him? ;)

    ReplyDelete