Pages

Search this blog

February 21, 2010

Marching for Pansies

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days in the whole wide world here in Porty Pants. A cloudless blue sky with that big bright thing in it and a suspicious lack of moisture in the air. To top it all off, it's that magic time of spring when the flower have started to bloom but the allergy gods have granted me a glorious reprieve. I think I have about three weeks before my face falls off, so I took the mister on a forced march to hunt for flowers. Aren't they pretty?











Oddly enough, our walk led to a very magical garden by the name of Pix. Check out this patch of a unique and exotic flower that the locals call "St Honore":



Adjacent to the St. Honore we found these equally intoxicating specimens lined up all neatly as if they had been planted by the gods:



And then, a giraffe decked out in St. Patty's gear. Don't hate; he's just doing his part to keep Portland weird.

1 comment:

  1. Ah gee, all I can see from my window is dirty snow.

    :(

    ReplyDelete