Pages

Search this blog

September 21, 2007

But Mom! I want a pony tooooooooo!

 border=

I just read THE most ridiculous article in the Star Tribune today. Poor little Natalie wants a pony. The meany City Council says she can't have one because horses, even the precious mini horse she has her eye on, are classified as farm animals and require a certain amount of space to roam.

But plucky little Natalie isn't giving up. She's going before the Council tonight to plead her case. I'd like to imagine the scene will go a little like this:

Natalie arrives in the council chambers wearing a horse suit. She gallops up to the dais, flicking her mane as she allows each councilmember to nuzzle her muzzle. She returns to the audience where her mother feeds her apples, carrots and sugar cubes from her warm palm. When it's time for public comments Natalie rushes the microphone, lets out a sustained whinny that consumes 20 seconds of her allotted three minutes and commences her plea.

"My dear local representatives, I come before you today to ask for equine equality," she said. "I consider myself to have the spirit of a horse, so if you legislate against them you are effectively denying me my human rights, by way of my horse rights.

"Please say yea to my 'neigh,'" she sobbed as she held up a sign to ensure the council was aware of her pun. border=

3 comments:

  1. I'd say it's safe to assume it will go exactly like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that there would be a slow clap that would turn into a cheering standing ovation after "yea to my 'neigh."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nugget, you're just too clever by half. You make me laugh--hah, hah, hah.

    ReplyDelete